Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)

We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.







Wednesday, November 30, 2011

five months home

    Alright my kids are tired of my obsession with all these anniversaries but how can I stop when I know he has missed so much.  This month was his first Thanksgiving. We celebrated with a mud football game and lots of food. He had 2 older brothers come back home and though you wouldn't think he would be that tied to them, he whooped and hollered with the rest of us.  He knows they will wrestle and throw him around; all things little boys love. 
     Evan has begun to talk about china and though the language barrier is still somewhat difficult, he can share some of what he exerienced.  He usually starts out "in dong hai (China)..... I never know if it is something he did or saw but I'm glad he is sharing.  He has used the term dong hai mama a few times (meaning one of the ladies or maybe multiple ladies) to tell us about something in his life. yesterday he talked about all the babies being fed.    He knows about christmas trees and when I bought him a stocking he said he had one in china (who knew).
     His english is getting much better with him putting 3 words together and I expect that in another month we will be communicating much easier.  He never got frustrated with me when I didn't understand chinese, however he does get frustrated when he speaks english and I don't understand.  I can't blame him it's just that so many of his words sound alike.  
      He remains a loving, happy boy; sometimes spontaneously kissing me and saying "love you, love you" then I am overwhelmed with the priveledge of having taken this journey and I thank God over and over that he brought us to this place.  He loves to help cook and bake and gets upset at the girls when they don't want his assistance.  He and Avery remain best buddies and fierce competitors.  he is very sensitive when he feels he did something wrong either in behavior or school and I sense a type A.    

No comments:

Post a Comment