Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)

We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.







Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eight Months of Evan

It's been 8 months and looking back over some pictures I can see how far he's come.  He is much stronger. Last summer he could hardly push a pedal on a bike and 2 days ago he rode up our road a little way, which is uphill, all by himself.  He has become a teaser, testing our how far he can go "as a joke."  He'll call me "daddy" and Dan "mother" etc.  I can now decipher almost everything he says and we have had some good conversations about God and heaven.  The other day he said, "how you know people go heaven when die?"  I am amazed that he is putting so much together.  He is so trusting and loving giving me kisses when he has a moment of deep satisfaction in something.
   On the medical front,  he had to have another tooth pulled as he had an abcess.  Since our communication has improved, I thought it time to introduce him to the tooth fairy or more to the point -leave your tooth, get a dollar.  Since he had 2 pulled in sept. and had a certificate from the dentist he received 3 dollars.  This made up for the pain of the pulled tooth.
     His new phrase this month is "it's my favorite."  He says this about food, toys, dogs, etc.  My "favorite" is when I asked him the other day why he was following me around the house and he said, "following you, my favorite."

1 comment:

  1. Amazing... what a blessing to watch his transformation. How cute is he?

    ReplyDelete