Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)

We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.







Wednesday, June 13, 2012

1 year anniversary

  June 13 - the Anniversary of Evan's gotcha day!!!!!  I always thought 13 was lucky.  The year has gone so swiftly and I wish I could hit rewind sometimes and relive our 1st 2 weeks together because it was an incredible experience.  I still am amazed at how God put the desire for Evan in our hearts and brought each detail into place at the proper time.  I asked him today if he was happy when we came to get him and he said "yes, in china I have no mama, no baba, no pool, no animals.
    Physically he is getting stronger each day.  Last week we took the training wheels off the bike and he rode all on his own.  Disregard the pink bike, as he didn't want the training wheels off his bike, but decided to try with a spare we had in our barn.  He is also swimming like a fish, climbing trees and playing sports.  Emotionally he now shows pain which he didn't originally.  He has a hard time when someone leaves(aka: brother going to college; cousins going home). When he first had blood work, he barely flinched, 2 weeks ago he had more and he screamed when the nurse walked in the room: now that's progress :)  We are having a speech evaluation done next month as his language seems to be lagging according to the OT at children's hosp. but I think he just needs more time.
     The greatest gain is his love of God; he knows Jesus died for him and willingly prays and sings at church. When I tell him that God led us to him he asked what took us so long.  He harbors no ill will for his early life and is an open and loving boy.  I know God has great plans for him.

    Dan and I have a burden to see others adopted; we are starting a non-profit group called Be The One to advocate for the 13 million orphans who have no one to care for them. (more on this later)
I've always loved being a mom, however now I call it a priviledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment