Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)
We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.
Monday, July 4, 2011
settling in
Happy 4th of July to our newest citizen! I know it's the 4th but we won't be going to the fireworks. I have seen Evan tired and stressed once before and once is enough. We have been slowly getting used to each other and I now have a good idea of what kinds of foods he will and will not eat (he ate spagetti once for breakfast). He has not said too many english words yet but makes his needs known by pointing and showing. We spend the greatest part of the day swimming and I can't believe he doesn't go right to sleep. He stopped bike riding lessons but has taken up ping-pong. Again, I am amazed that he doesn't get frustrated. Bedtime has been difficult trying to get both boys settled at the same time. It takes 30-45min but I won't complain because I know it could be worse. Probably the hardest thing to deal with has been Avery's adjustment. As with any new addition the youngest has the hardest time giving up the spotlight. Add to this that he doesn't know english so can't play the games he envisioned and he doesn't have the same consequences and it makes for a rough road. We went shopping for the first time today. I had been warned that it might be too overwhelming, yet I realized while there, that compared to Shanghai, Kroger or Walmart were small potatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment