Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)
We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
more firsts and the bubble bursts
In the 6 days home there have been lots of firsts. Evan has learned to pedal a bike, swing on a tire swing and dig up worms for fishing (more fun than a sandbox). He remains a very happy, energetic boy with lots of charm and curiosity. He is learning all his siblings names but calls them all da-ren ( I believe this means big person or hey you.) The last few days, he has had some anxious/sad moments. When Dan and girls were leaving with horses to go to 4-H fairgrounds his face crumpled. I'm not sure who he was crying for, maybe all, so we hopped in the van and followed them. Last night he cried for an hour before bed for someone. I really wish I could have reassured him in Chinese. today he was fine until we got in car to go to doctor's appointment then he cried for Marissa (older sister). She has been a great help and he has really taken a liking to her and Sarah. I am trying to walk that line between allowing sibling relationships to grow and making sure he sees Dan and I as the parents he needs to attach with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment