Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)

We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.







Sunday, June 19, 2011

A day of rest

Today was an off day, a good way to celebrate farher's day.  We went to the pool twice.  We are at the victory hotel and the pool is on the 9th floor on the roof.  It is not very big  and no shallow end so Evan was uncertain.  I was amazed at how easily he allowed me to bring him in.  I would think that his trust would be low so I felt very honored that he did trust me because I know how hard that can be for a child.  It took about 1/2 hour before he was jumping in with our help.  he also tossed his float in and then jumped after it with not such good results.  After Dan and I fished him out he didn't cry and didn't even seem scared.  I think he will be o.k. with our pool at home:)  We met 2 other families today. One lady is on her 4th adoption and had her 9yr old with her adopted 7 yrs ago.  It was amazing to look at her and see how well adjusted she was.  the other family was adopting for the 2nd time.  these stories are so precious to hear.  tonight Evan would not give me a hug but he blew me a kiss.   Missing our kids at home and counting the days till we can all be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment