Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)

We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.







Monday, June 6, 2011

preparations

We are only 4 days out and our house is a flurry of activity.  I am trying to not do too much at once and spend some quality time with our kids before we head out.  We had a good time putt-putting last night (36 holes).  Our schedules are posted including who will be where and when, job lists and meal menues.  My kids think I'm over-thinking but I don't know if that is possible.  I have woken up with Chinese words in my head and I'm not sure what I'm saying. lol  I do know that God is sufficient to provide for all of our needs so I will try and back off a little.    I find that my heart is full of many emotions; a humbleness that God is allowing us to be his hands and feet, joy for the upcoming moment, and a bitter-sweet feeling that my kids will grow up tremendously while we're gone and while proud of them, I'll miss seeing them.
   I know God will watch our coming and our going; to him be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment