Our journey of adoption of Evan (Yigang)
We are all adopted sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ his son.
Monday, June 27, 2011
First days home
We made it home on Friday, a day later then planned. Our original flight out of Hong Kong was cancelled. It was so good to see the kids and our house. Evan has done remarkably well these last 3 days. He was excited to see the pool since he loves to swim. Saturday started with the kids playing soccer; brought joy to my heart seeing them all together. He saw a bike and wanted to ride it so Dan put on the training wheels and he has worked very hard at learning to pedal. I am amazed that he doesn't get frustrated at how often he falls. He has great determination. He also loved the trampoline and the sandbox; two things I'm sure he's never done before. I am also amazed that though he is afraid of the dog and cats, he will walk by them (if they are laying down) and even tells them what to do in Chinese. All the kids are doing great with him and he has been very animated with them. The best gift so far is when he gave me kisses and hugs last night before bed. I think he was following Avery's lead. I thank God for the incredible journey we had in China and bringing us safely home. The photos are of the three of us on the red couch at the White Swan Hotel, the Victory hotel where we stayed in Guangzhou, Evan at our hotel in Hong Kong, and Evan and another adopted boy at the Hong Kong airport (which we got to know well).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment